PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION
Call Our South Jersey Attorney Today
We can help clients pursue Personal Injury Protection claims after a car accident, including medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage.
After a car accident, many people assume that the at-fault driver’s insurance company will be responsible to pay for the injured party’s resulting medical bills. Under New Jersey law, this is not the case. New Jersey is one of several “no-fault” states in regards to auto accidents, meaning that drivers may only seek compensation for medical expenses through their own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance in the event of a collision, regardless of who is at fault.
If you have been injured in an auto accident either as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, a knowledgeable Burlington County PIP attorney from Burnham Law Group can help you file a PIP claim and maximize your chances of securing every penny of your entitled compensation.
Countless clients have trusted our firm for the following reasons:
- More than 20 years of experience serving South Jersey
- American Society of Legal Advocates “Top 100 Lawyers” inclusion
- 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- Positive testimonials from past clients
Schedule your free consultation today to review your legal options.
What Are PIP Benefits?
Each driver must purchase personal injury protection (PIP) insurance with their auto insurance policy, which covers their medical expenses, lost wages, and essential services, as well as funeral and death benefits to a person’s dependents in the event that a driver should lose their life in an accident. PIP benefits are used whenever a person is involved in an accident, regardless of fault or if a person’s vehicle was even involved in the collision. For instance, if a PIP insured person was injured in a collision while riding as a passenger in someone else’s vehicle, they would still seek compensation through their own PIP insurance.
PIP benefits cover multiple parties, including:
- The owner of the insured vehicle
- Passengers of a PIP insured vehicle
- Blood or marriage-related household members of an PIP insured vehicle
Medical expenses that exceed a person’s deductible will be subject to an 80%/20% copayment provision up to $5,000. In other words, once you have payed your deductible, PIP insurance pays for 80 percent of your medical bills up to a total of $5,000, while you are responsible for the remaining 20 percent. Any additional medical expenses will be completely covered by PIP insurance up to a standard maximum of $250,000 or more depending on the terms of your policy.
Can My Insurance Company Stop Paying My Benefits?
Under New Jersey law, PIP insurance providers have the right to have you examined by a doctor of their choice to determine if you are eligible to continue to receive benefits. In the event that their chosen doctor should determine that you have healed from your treatment, or that your injuries were so serious that additional treatment will not provide a considerable benefit, your insurance company may notify you of a termination of your benefits. You do not have to accept this decision. An experienced attorney from our firm can help you fight to continue to receive your entitled treatment.
At Burnham Law Group, our South Jersey lawyers have handled thousands of PIP arbitrations on behalf of injured individuals as well as anesthesiologists, chiropractors, dentists, diagnostic facilities, pain management specialists, physical therapists, hospitals, surgeons, surgery centers, and medical supply companies. Through negotiations with the involved insurance companies appeals, and litigation, we are prepared to go the distance on your behalf in pursuit of the results you need.
Our office is conveniently located in Marlton, New Jersey and we represent clients throughout South Jersey including those in Atlantic County, Burlington County and Camden County.
Call (856) 751-5505 or contact us online today to find out more about how we can help.