We Fight for Your Rights at Work
All workers have the right to privacy, the right to fair compensation, and the right to do their job in an environment that is free of harassment and discrimination. When your basic rights at work are not respected, we will fight aggressively to protect your freedoms and recover the compensation you are owed for what you have endured.
The South Jersey employment lawyers at the Burnham Law Group, LLC have experience helping clients in New Jersey resolve a broad range of employment law matters. We have achieved successful results for our clients in the following areas of employment law:
- Discrimination – When you are treated unfairly because of your race, religion, age, national origin, disability, gender, or pregnancy status, we will uphold your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Family and Medical Leave Act – You have the right to take leave from your job to manage a serious health condition (yours or that of a family member), to deal with pregnancy complications, for the birth or adoption of a child, or for the placement of a foster child.
- Hostile Work Environment – When someone’s behavior makes the work environment unreasonably uncomfortable or difficult, it can affect your ability to do your job effectively. When management fails to correct the issue, we advocate on your behalf.
- LGBTQ Discrimination – New Jersey has some of the strongest protections for LGBTQ workers. Additionally, New Jersey state law explicitly addresses and prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination – New Jersey state law provides additional protections on top of federal mandates. This includes protection for breastfeeding mothers who wish to pump their milk at work.
- Retaliation – Some workers are reluctant to speak up against unfair or unlawful treatment for fear of being fired, demoted, or harassed. We ensure those who exercise their rights in the workplace are protected from retaliation for their brave actions.
- Sexual Harassment – Unacceptable behavior by a manager, co-worker, client, or customer includes fondling, persistent unwanted advances, sexual language or jokes, the display of sexually explicit graphics or photos, and more.
- Unpaid Overtime – We can help you resolve wage and hour disputes or uphold your rights when you have been forced to work off the clock.
- Unemployment – We will protect your rights when you have been wrongfully denied unemployment.
- Whistleblower Actions – The federal government has a major interest in stopping fraud or corruption in U.S. businesses and corporations. Whistleblowers who file a qui tam claim under the False Claims Act may be entitled to substantial monetary awards. Those who do report on the unlawful actions of their employers are further protected from retaliation.
- Workplace Harassment – This includes a wide range of harassment such as belittling, demeaning behavior or other undesirable conduct that makes an employee uncomfortable or causes an employee to feel threatened.
Other Employment-Related Services We Offer:
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Employment Contracts
- Department of Labor Audits
- Drafting Commissions Agreements
- Drafting of Handbooks, Policies, and Corporate Documents
- Independent Investigation of Alleged Workplace Misconduct
- Litigation of Employment Claims
- Non-Compete Agreements and Restrictive Covenants
- Severance Agreements
- Training of Supervisors and Employees
- Unpaid Commissions
South Jersey Employment Lawyers at Burnham Law Group, LLC Offer Aggressive, Knowledgeable Representation for Your Employment Law Case
We will fiercely protect your rights in an ethical, professional manner, always striving to resolve your case with the best possible outcome. We will provide personally tailored representation with consistent feedback and updates. When you have a question or a suggestion, our team will address it quickly. We recognize that your business and the elements of your case are unique as we draw on our broad range of experience to build a strong case with your best interests in mind.
To learn more about how a South Jersey employment lawyer at the Burnham Law Group, LLC can assist you, call (856) 751-5505 or contact us online today. We have offices conveniently located in Marlton and Somers Point, New Jersey, where we represent clients throughout South Jersey.