Philip S. BurnhamManaging Partner
Philip S. Burnham, II was born in Englewood, Colorado. He graduated from Arcadia University with a Bachelor of Science in computer science with a minor in business in 1986. In 1990, he graduated from Widener University School of Law with his Juris Doctor. Mr. Burnham started his legal career as a Law Clerk to the Honorable Rushton H. Ridgway J.S.C. in the Superior Court of New Jersey.
In 1994, he founded the Burnham Law Group, LLC, a firm that focuses on representing family law and divorce cases. He has experience in preparing and trying numerous cases in federal and state courts in both civil and criminal courts. His clients include individuals, businesses, and corporations.
In addition to managing a successful law firm, Mr. Burnham currently serves as an MESP panelist in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties. He has been selected in 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Awesome Family Law Attorney by South Jersey Magazine. He was selected as an outstanding attorney by his peers in SJ Magazine for 2015. Mr. Burnham was also selected as the 2015 Happening Attorney by SOJO. He has also been selected as one of the Top 100 Family lawyers in the State of New Jersey by the American Society of Legal Advocates. Mr. Burnham is a Master in the Thomas J. Forkin Inn of Court. Mr. Burnham is a member of District III B Ethics Committee.
Philip Smith Burnham II, of Burnham Law Group, LLC, has been selected to the 2015 list as a member of the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. NADC is an organization dedicated to promoting the highest standards of legal excellence.
Mr. Burnham is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania state and federal courts.
- School Law in New Jersey, NBI Institute, September 2005;
- Bullying and Social Aggression, November 2005
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1990
- Arcadia University, B.S. Computer Science, 1986
- Fagan v. City of Vineland, et al. 22 F.3d 1283 (1994)
- Employer's Management Group, Inc. v. Pro Auto Recyclers, Inc., Eastern District of Pennsylvania (Apr. 2005)
- Burlington County Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association (Board Member, Family Law Committee, 2005-2008)
- Thomas J. Forkin Inn of Court (Master)
- Nominating Committee Member, Thomas S. Forkin Family Law, American Inn of Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Family Law Section of New Jersey State Bar Association